In the world of fast fashion, it gets really hard to keep track of what to wear on multiple occasions without feeling guilty about one-off wardrobe staples that you can never repeat. Let’s just admit it, we all want to nail our fashion game without people noticing that we’re repeating an outfit, even if it’s our favorite. As a fashion designer, I too have often been overwhelmed by this guilt. I have to keep trying on a number of outfits for my viewers and still manage everything I wear in the manageable excuse of space that is my closet. So, how do I do it?
Thankfully, Indian outfits come to my rescue and I get to bring up my A-game by being creative with a number of combinations I can create with Indian basics. And if you want to learn how I make it happen, let’s dive right in with my exclusive styling tips!
Absolute must have Indian basics in your wardrobe:
1. Convenient sarees – your 6 yards of absolute grace: When creating your basic wardrobe, choose from so many beautiful designs sarees in a comfortable fabric that you can. These sarees can go a long way in styling you as ghagras, DIY tie-me-down dresses and so many more outfits. You can always look up some style inspiration from your favorite creator and find out a number of ways to style yours saree where you can stand out with grace. Not only will you look elegant, but people will fall for you and your creativity with just one long, beautiful piece of fabric. Make sure you have some accessories on hand like belts and blazers to go along with it sarees.
2. Intricately designed Chikankaari kurta in neutral color: Chikankaari is courted will never go out of style and would be worn forever. It’s so tough with the intricately designed pattern and I’m not complaining. Look for a beautifully designed open frame courtedcrop tops or upper bandanas laced with the ancient yet timeless chikankaari and style it up with different combinations of skirt, palace, dupattas to stand out in the crowd. A bright color chikankaari kurta laerated with blazers will add an extra sultry feel to your workout clothes.
3. Flawed ghaghra with domestic pattern: Don’t tell me that ghhagras isn’t something you haven’t dreamed of showing off since time immemorial. As long as you have ghhagras that are extended enough to give you the whirlwind, you have nothing to lose in the clothing game. It can go with beautiful tunics, smart casual tops and blazers with a wink every day. You can always throw these on, match them in different color combinations and look like a princess out there to conquer the world.
4. Lots of living dupattas to go with all moods: And to top off all your combinations, you should always have plenty of dupattas to go with your every combination. Not only do a dupatta add a nice layer to your outfit idea, but also give you a distinct style with how you decide to drape it. You can choose one phulkarior a Chanderi. You can go for a tie-and-die dupatta or you can absolutely kill it with a Banarasi silk dupatta. A Kalamkari dupatta with Gotas and pom-poms would be an absolutely lovely choice to make it better. Not to mention the laces you have to add to spice up yours dupatta statement to go with your Indian ethnicity.
Pro Tip: Diversify your draping style to give your outfit some Indo-Western flair.
5. Zingy Indian Junk Jewelry: Junk Indian jewelry in oxidized silver is an all-time favorite. It can make or break your look if your accessory game isn’t strong. I would suggest having lots of color combinations to suit your color palette would increase your way of loving. Make sure you match your jewelry to your wardrobe and look
The views above are the author’s own.
END OF ARTICLE
#Sustainable #fashion #Indian #clothing